Bookish Penguin, the muse behind my 101 in 1001 list.
Ms. Banshee at Inverse Candlelight. Fully prepared for a zombie apocalypse.
Stan and Bunny over at 86'n It. Fellow architect renovating their "crack house."
Chris from Notes From the Trenches. She has seven kids. And somewhat holds it together.
Brittany cracks my shit up- read Barefoot Foodie. Now.
Jenny from The Bloggess. Like Mother Theresa, only better.
The Unbearable Banishment. This smart writer shares my disdain for cell phone users on the train. And does something about it.
April, Clay and their four kids down on the farm at Coal Creek Farm.
Another Hot Mess- some messes aren't meant to be cleaned up.
Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer. She's all kinds of awesome.
Ginny at Praying to Darwin. More kinds of awesome!
- Make homemade ice cream...Done!
- Blow glass
- Wake up to the sound of the ocean
- Get a tattoo...Kinda done!
- Have a house with a front porch
- Milk a cow
- Have beignets and coffee in New Orleans
- Have my teeth fixed
- Run the NYC marathon
- Buy hubby his heart's desire...Done!
- See a Zydeco band and dance like there's no tomorrow!
- Hike the Appalachian Trail
- Stay at a 5-star resort
- Have a tummy tuck
- See a ghost
- Make a quilt with all the kids old t-shirts
- Swim with Bioluminescent plankton in Puerto Rico
- Stay in the Ice Hotel
- Tour India by train
- Drive cross country for vacation
- Grow my own vegetables...Done! (Well, kind of. More herbs than veggies. This year I got one pepper!)
- Live in Italy for a year
Why do the women's volleyball teams have to wear such skimpy bathing suits? I understand it's a beach sport, but the men don't wear Speedos, so why do the women? If the women's swim teams can wear full wet suits, why can't the volleyball teams wear shorts, at least?
Misty May looks like Zombiegirl's soccer tournament coach, btw.
Walsh and May are an awesome team, and we love watching them, despite the skimpy bathing suits!
Why can't any of the American athletes who have won Gold medals sing the national anthem? Some of them mouth the words for a few lines, but then totally stop. Is Michael Phelps that waterlogged in the brain that he can't sing the anthem? He's set records, won gold and has become a national hero- where then, is the Patriotism? Michael- the whole world is watching you! At least make an attempt to look like you're proud to be an American.
The Chinese gymnasts are scary. They're all serious warming up for their event, but the minute their name is called, they put on the biggest grin and stick out their chests. Then, in a flash, the smile is gone. Creepy.
Shawn Johnson does the same thing. We don't trust her and her fake smile. Zombiegirl gets a big kick relating one of her comments in an interview that Shawn goes to the store to see herself on all the Wheaties boxes. And a butter statue? Please. Nastia Liukin is so much more graceful in these Olympics.
"The Pole vaulting event is probably the hardest event in the Olympics." This event is incomprehensible to 9-year old Zombiegirl. How they get their bodies over a 10' bar with a skinny pole is probably the greatest achievement an athlete can attain, in her eyes.
Women swimmers look like men.
We love Bela Karoli's mustache!
We like the Rowing events because of the "sculls". (Zombiegirl loves skulls!) Who are all those bicyclists riding along the river in the background? Coaches? Spectators?
And finally- don't bother us on Thursday, at 9:00. We'll be watching the US Women's Soccer Team go for the gold against Brazil. We miss Mia Hamm and Brandi Chastain, but we like Angela Hucles! Go USA!
SKULL TOTE BAG
BLACK BANDANA SKULL TOTE BAG
GIANT STUFFED T-REX- CUSTOM
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific with a result that is either measurable or defined.
Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows several months or seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start Date: August 5, 2009
End Date: May 12, 2012
1. Lose 30 pounds (0/30)
2. Fit into old pair of jeans- the ones in my bottom drawer.
3. Complete 6 sessions with Mike, my trainer. (9/17) Okay, I now have 24 sessions, due to the kindness of Synergy Gym!
4. Maintain a workout schedule of at least 3 days a week at the gym.
5. Practice yoga at least 4 days a week.
6. No cheating with bacon. Or meatballs. Unless it's deer.
7. Have a green salad once a day.
8. Cut back the pre-made veggie burgers to once a week.
9. Buy and use the Diva Cup. (Done! 09/09)
10. Continue going to the dentist to have my teeth fixed.
11. Take my vitamins and herbs daily.
12. Put makeup on everyday. At home, before I leave. Not at work or on the train.
13. Blog about the progress of these Body items on the first of every month.
14. Build up savings account to equal 6 months of salary.
15. Fix credit report. (Done 1/18/10)
16. Refinance the house.
17. Get quotes on new insurance for house and car.
18. Secure 2 more years of student loans for Beena.
19. Sell stuff on Ebay.
20. Transfer coupon savings into ING account. Try to save $700 a year.
Family and Friends
21. Arrange ceremony to scatter Mom's ashes. (Done 10/25/09)
22. Spend more time with Dad.
23. Attend Beena's college graduation. (Done 5/18/10- Congratulations, Beena!)
24. Attend Zombiegirl's 5th grade graduation.
25. Communion for Zombiegirl. (Done 4/11/10)
26. Celebrate Beena's 21st birthday in a big way.
28. Write or email my aunts regularly.
29. Make and follow family meal plan. Remember to keep it healthy.
30. Meet a long lost friend for lunch.
31. Have a "no reason" dinner party.
32. Go shopping more with the girls. (Coats, Shower gifts, birthday shopping)
33. Yearly camping trip or rent a house with soccer families. (1/3)
34. Yearly "Mom's" overnight trip. (1/3- Vermont with one of my "Moms")
35. Go out with "Mom's" once a month. (0/33)
36. Plan MR and my 50th birthday party.
37. Send handmade birthday cards to everyone in my calendar. And NOT late.
38. Do not gossip or rant about friends to friends.
40. Finish all the alterations on that pile of clothes in the sewing room.
41. Build up my Etsy shop and sell something.
42. Make all my own Christmas cards. (1/3)
43. Make 50% of all my Christmas gifts. (1/3)
44. Make enough merchandise to rent my own table at craft sales.
45. Make an article of clothing and wear it to work.
46. Clean out and organize sewing room.
47. Make mirror for living room using broken Fiesta pieces.
48. Learn how to crochet a granny square.
49. Finish MR's Christmas stocking.
50. Visit 2 states I've never been to before. (0/2)
51. Hike 2 more sections of the Appalachian trail. Overnite. (0/2)
52. Take a "real" family vacation. (0/1)
53. Play "tourist" in NY once a month. (1/33 Howe Caverns/Albany trip)
54. Try five new restaurants. (4/5- Ted's Montana Grill, Cool Moose Cafe, 4/21-Brick Lane Curry House, 5/1- Texas Roadhouse, 5/18- Carmella's in Franklin Square)
55. Go to new Citi Field and new Yankee Stadium. (1/2- Let's Go Mets! Citifield 5/10/10- Mets vs. Nationals)
Just for Me
56. Get my Pistol Permit
57. Upload all our CD's into our hard drive
58. Scrapbook 2008 photos in 2011.
59. Scrapbook 2007 photos in 2010.
60. Scrapbook 2006 photos in 2009.
61. Finish Beena's school scrapbook.
62. Help dad get the Mustang on the road.
63. Get passports for the whole family.
64. Cross 3 things off my bucket list. (0/3)
65. Learn the basics of Photoshop.
66. Learn how to make a blog template using html and Photoshop.
67. Get my 2 tattoos. (1/2) I might actually change this to only 1 tattoo. That really hurt!
68. Organize my computer files. Including flash drives. (Done 8/6/09)
69. Find a therapist. (I'm changing this to Acupunturist. I don't need a Therapist. Everyone else does.)
70. Read the newspaper everyday.
71. Watch Gone With the Wind, Doctor Zhivago, Great Expectations, The Maltese Falcon, La Dolce Vita, Casablanca , North by Northwest (didn't like), Rear Window, 39 Steps, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Psycho, Notorious, Dial M for Murder (liked!) and Spellbound. With popcorn. (0/14)
72. Re-read Sherlock Holmes.
73. Blog about each completed item.
Greening my life
74. Make net produce bags.
75. Compost. (Produced my first batch of good compost Spring 2010)
76. Collect rainwater- ask for barrel for Christmas! (MR bought me a barrel for my birthday 2010)
77. Grow herbs every year.
78. Balustrades and newel posts for the upstairs stairwell. (Done! Thanks Dad!)
79. Replace the ceiling and tile in the upstairs bathroom.
80. Change the theme of the upstairs bathroom.
81. New baseboard molding in the kitchen.
82. Start cleaning out the basement for TV room.
83. Start demolition on the downstairs bathroom.
84. Make the fountain for the backyard.
85. Finish walkways in backyard.
86. Follow Flylady everyday.
88. Engage in 25 random acts of kindness. (0/25)
89. Read the Bible.
90. List 100 things that make me happy in a blog. (Done 10/2/09)
91. Participate in 5 community service activities. (0/5)
92. Maintain St. A's website.
93. Sketch and doodle in new sketchbook.
94. See beauty everyday. Blog or put it down in sketchbook.
95. New digital SLR camera (Done 10/26/09)
96. A pistol
97. A drawer dishwasher
98. A dual flush toilet for the downstairs bathroom
99. A sink for the downstairs bathroom
100. A new refrigerator for the basement (Bought a freezer instead. 10/26/09)
101. A new hybrid car
Awkward Family Photos- I could so submit some of my family photos.
Angry Chicken- Amy Karol of "Bend-The-Rules Sewing" fame has great sewing projects and fabulous crafting ideas.
Ask And Ye Shall Receive- A Quixotic quest to improve the quality of the blogosphere.
The Bitch Sessions. More snark. I love snark.
Cakewrecks- When professional cakes go horribly, hilariously wrong.
Cockeyed.com- The king of pranks and weird experiments.
Confessions of a Renegade Mom- so not mommybloggers.
Emails From Crazy People- I think some of the People from Walmart wrote these.
How About Orange- Jessica Jones designer extrodinaire. And fellow orange lover.
I Can Has Cheeseburger- LOL cats cheer me up. Also, check out the World of Cheeseburger!
Mental Floss- Where knowledge junkies get their fix.
Neatorama- Trolling the internets to keep us amused.
Passive Agressive Notes- More craziness. I think some of these people work in my office.
People of Walmart- Be afraid. These people might live in YOUR town.
Scouting NY- A location scout with a good eye for the unusual in NY.
Sew Mama Sew- Sewing tips, contests, reviews and inspiration.
Super Eggplant- Adventures in knitting, sewing, baking and life.
The Sneeze- Half zine. Half blog. Half not good with fractions.
WaiterRant- Do you want pommes frites with that?
Woot- One item a day.
Zakka Life- One crafty lady.