Blood, sweat and....

Warning to all the men who sometimes visit my blog: you might want to skip this posting and go here instead...look at the funny cat pictures.

Did I look forward to my period this month? I did because I wanted to try out the Diva Cup again but I didn't because I knew it was going to be a bad one based on my wicked moodiness and inability to see the good in ANYTHING.

And I was right. It was a bad one. I used the Diva Cup in preparation for the Big Bleed- you can do that and not worry too much about Toxic Shock Syndrome like you have to with tampons. I was wearing it when it started and I didn't leak, so I was psyched.

I should have known better.

The next day I wore it to the gym in the morning and still didn't leak. Wonderful! I finally mastered this thing! When I got home I took a shower and re-inserted it for the maximum 12 hour usage potential and left for work.

I felt like what amounted to a little leakage by the time I got to work, but I was confident because I learned from the last time to wear pantyliners. Being that it was THE busiest day in the fourth quarter, I stayed at my desk on the computer most of the morning. When I got up to get something at the printer, I felt it. Whoosh. Like the Uterus decided it didn't want to be inside anymore and was ready to take a vacation. I bypassed the printer and went to the ladies room. And it was like they filmed Friday the 213th in my pants. And they were beige.

I cleaned myself and my pants up the best I could, and re-re-inserted the Diva Cup. I went back to my desk wet, miserable and mad.

The rest of the day was a total Cup failure. I couldn't remove it because I had nothing to put it in and I was NOT washing it out in the public sink. I just had to keep shifting it and hoping for the best. The best never came that day. By the time I got home I wanted to take the old Uterus out myself and send it to an institution. Plus I was pissed about all the other crap going on at work.

The next day I bucked up and tried it again. I inserted it while in the shower and got dressed and went to work. This time it felt like it was riding "low". It wasn't actually uncomfortable but I could feel it. The day before I felt nothing. All day I was prepared for that "whoosh" but it never came. I did feel like I was leaking, but every time I went to check, I wasn't. It worked beautifully all day. My conclusion is this:
  • If you feel it, you've put it in correctly.
  • When inserting it, you need to insert horizontally towards the back, not up and in.
  • If you've inserted correctly, you'll feel the blood going down- it'll feel like you're leaking, but you aren't. The Cup is catching it before it spills out.
At the end of the day I made it home commuting with no leakage. As soon as I got home I went to the bathroom and started to take the cup out. All of a sudden I felt a warm rush of liquid on my hand. Crap! I spilled the cup again! But...noooo...the cup wasn't out yet.

I was peeing on my hand.

I forgot I had to pee in my rush to take the Cup out and the action of pulling stimulated my pee muscles and I let loose. Two hours of commuting pee poured into my hand since I couldn't move it away or I would drop the Cup that was halfway out. Wonderful. At that point I wanted to rip my Plumbing out too and send it packing with the Uterus. I want a penis! And balls! Anything but these girly parts that were driving me insane.

And men wonder why we get PMS. It's in anticipation of the insanity that is our period.

Blood, sweat and...pee. Lovely.



Copyright © 2009 Inner Pieces Designed by csstemplatesmarket

Converted to Blogger by BloggerThemes.Net