Nothing Gold Can Stay

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
so dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

I had to learn this poem by Robert Frost in Junior High School. Then, when I read "The Outsiders" I came across it again. I think it's a fitting poem for how I'm feeling right now. September came and FLEW by, and I feel like I didn't, once again, get what I wanted to accomplish done. I had such high hopes for this month and here it is the last day and my good intentions sank to grief.

So I continue into October with the projects that I didn't get to in September.
To recap from here:
  • I didn't get to St. Andrew's renovation. The weekend I wanted to do it, MR went bear hunting. Then I got a migraine. So hopefully this weekend the last two pieces will be glued in.
  • I'm going to work on St. A's website this weekend. My deadline for giving Pastor a template is Monday.
  • I finished the ceiling in the hallway...BUT...when I took the blue tape off the wall, it took pieces of the finished wall paint with it. So now I have to touch that up. ETA- tomorrow (Thursday.) After that it's sanding the stairway wall and steps.
  • My alteration pile yielded me 3 pairs of capri pants, a fitted shirt and a new skirt. Still left to do are two backpacks that ripped and two pairs of Z-girl's pants to be shortened.
  • The sewing room has been organized but not cleaned. There are piles stacked everywhere- I have to invest in more bins. I did clean out the closet and was able to store more crap in there.
  • I have not touched my credit report for fear of blowing up my PC. How would I explain that to my boss?

So here I am again. I'll be trying to make these things work out in the next week or so. Then it's clear sailing through my 101 in 1001 goals.

Unless i get kidnapped by aliens.

2 comments:

soulspeak23 said...

get your damn credit report, woman!! How many times do i have to tell you!??!?!?

Beena said...

My Bra- please fix my bra!!!

 

Copyright © 2009 Inner Pieces Designed by csstemplatesmarket

Converted to Blogger by BloggerThemes.Net